Serves: 6 - Time:
Not everyone is like my father and grandfather in their love of a slice of fried leftover Christmas pudding. If you’re looking at half a cold pudding and can’t face the frying pan or a slice warmed up in the microwave, here’s what to do. This ice cream takes a scant few minutes to whip up and is dangerously good. If you really want to go for it-and why should you not- pour some PX over the ice cream just before serving.
- 180g leftover cold Christmas pudding
- 75ml Pedro Ximénez
- Grated zest of one clementine
- 200ml condensed milk
- 300ml double cream
- Crumble the Christmas pudding into a bowl and stir in the Pedro Ximénez and grated clementine zest. Leave to macerate for 15 minute.
- Pour the condensed milk and cream into a large mixing bowl and whisk to stiff peaks. Fold in the Christmas pudding.
- Spoon into a suitable container and freeze until hard-about 6-8 hours.