You could serve this as an accompaniment to some barbecued lamb or with hard-boiled eggs as a light lunch.
- 400g leeks, trimmed, washed and cut into 6-7cm long pieces
- 2 tablespooons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 150g plain or greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dill
- 1 small red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 20g toasted pine nuts
- Place the leeks in a steamer and cook over boiling water for about 12-15minutes until soft. Pat dry on kitchen paper and place in a serving dish. Pour over the olive oil and lemon juice and leave the leeks until cold.
- Mix together the yogurt, dill and chopped chilli. Taste and season with a little salt and ground black pepper. Pour the yogurt over the leeks and sprinkle over the toasted pine nuts.