Serves: Serves 6
Necessity being the mother of invention I came up with this creamy concoction when my ice cream maker broke. I wanted a no-churn, soft-scoop style of ice cream along the lines of the gelato I tasted in Sicily. You can buy malt extract in health food shops and online.
- 397g tin condensed milk
- 600ml double cream
- 3 tablespoons malt extract
- Crushed Maltesers to serve
- Place all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and whisk, preferably with an electric beater, to soft peaks.
- Spoon into a freezer-proof container, cover and freeze for at least 6 hours.
- Serve in scoops and sprinkle with crushed Maltesers.