Burns Night is soon upon us and this year I propose an ice cream to round off dinner in a suitably Scottish fashion. The amount of whisky is a suggestion but before pouring in half a bottle, bear in mind that alcohol doesn’t freeze, and this is a soft scoop ice cream anyway. I have found, too, that the unfrozen cream makes a delicious accompaniment to all sorts of puddings- crumbles, steamed sponges and chocolate mousses to name a few.
- 250ml sweetened condensed milk
- 500ml double cream
- 125g marmalade
- 4 tablespoons whisky (see intro)
- 2 tablespoons ginger wine
- 2 tablespoons seville orange juice (or normal orange if you can’t get sevilles)
- Place all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and beat until thick. Spoon into a container and freeze until set-preferably overnight.