This is another no churn ice cream which remains soft set with a slightly moussy texture so you can serve it straight from the freezer. As you can see from the brief instructions for making the ice cream it is foolproof. This is one of my favourite flavours and, with the addition of some little squares of M&S’s Peanut Butter and Caramel Chunkies, it makes an indulgent treat. There are scarce few ways to enjoy yourself these days so why not get stuck in to something delicious. You could try sprinkling a little Maldon salt over the top if, like me, you are partial to the sweet/salty combination.
- 125g smooth peanut butter ( I use Pip and Nut)
- 2 egg whites
- 140g golden syrup
- 300ml double cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons salted caramel sauce or dulce de leche, plus extra for serving
- To serve Peanut Butter and Caramel Chunkies or mini Snicker bars, roughly chopped
- Put the first five ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk for two to three minutes until thick. Transfer to a shallow freezer container, cover and freeze for about two hours until the ice cream is just setting.
- Spoon the caramel sauce over the top of the ice cream and swirl in gently-you still want to see seams of caramel running through the ice cream. Freeze until hard-about 5-6 hours.
- To serve, scoop into an ice cream glass or bowl and sprinkle over some chopped Chunkies or Snicker bars. Top with a spoonful of salted caramel sauce and some Maldon salt flakes.