One of my favourite supper dishes- or indeed cook for breakfast when suffering from a hangover. It really hits the spot.
- 400g waxy potatoes such as Charlotte variety, halved if large
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 150g cooking chorizo
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary
- 2 eggs
- Place the potatoes in lightly salted water, bring to the boil then turn the heat down and simmer for 12-15 minutes. Drain the potatoes, leave to cool then scrape off the skins. Cut into smallish cubes and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the onion with a pinch of salt. Sauté for about 15 minutes, stirring regularly, until the onions are soft and lightly coloured. While the onions are cooking remove the skin from the chorizo and cut into 4mm thick discs. Add the chorizo to the pan and cook for 8-10 minutes. Stir in the potatoes and rosemary and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Fry the eggs in a separate frying pan. Serve on top of the potato and chorizo hash.