Serves: 2 - Time:
I’m not sure this is much of a recipe-more a list of stuff you put together but I’ve written it down as it is one of my favourite things to eat and a suggestion of what to serve with my confit tomatoes. The temptation is to add on ingredients-I had contemplated throwing on some toasted pine nuts, slivers of anchovy, black olives amongst other things- but the harmony of the three main ingredients was enough ultimately.
- 250g purple sprouting broccoli, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- One whole burrata
- 155g confit tomatoes (see recipe in vegetarian section)
- 3-4 pinches Aleppo pepper or chilli flakes (optional)
- Heat the oven fan 200˚c, mark 6. Arrange the purple sprouting broccoli in one layer in a roasting tin and drizzle over the olive oil. Season with salt and ground black pepper. Roast for about 15 minutes until the spears are slightly crispy around the flowers and the stems are just cooked through. Leave to cool at room temperature.
- Arrange the purple sprouting broccoli spears on a serving plate. Drain the burrata and place in the centre of the broccoli. Drizzle over the confit tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle over the Aleppo pepper or chilli flakes if using. Serve at room temperature.