If you make the pâté with smoked salmon trimmings this works out as a very economical first course or lunch.
- 240g smoked salmon, slices or trimmings
- 200g crème fraiche
- 30g unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 10g dill
- 1 tablespoon capers in vinegar, drained
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon
- Place all the ingredients into the bowl of a food processor and add a grind or two of black pepper. Process for a few seconds until smooth but don’t overwork the mixture. Spoon into a bowl, cover and chill until ready to serve.