You could make this salad even simpler by buying cooked squid -M&S do a very good char-grilled squid-but if you can buy fresh squid. If you are unsure of how to prepare squid search Youtube for easy to follow tutorials or get your fishmonger to prepare it.
- 200g prepared weight squid, halved lengthways
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 150g cooked and peeled prawns
- 90g chorizo, skin removed and sliced into 3mm thick rounds
- 50g rustic style bread e.g. sourdough, cut into 2cm cubes
- 70g mixed salad leaves
- 1 ripe avocado
- Heat a ridged grill pan until smoking hot. Add the squid, a few pieces at a time and cook for 1-2 minutes each side until coloured. Remove to a mixing bowl while you cook the remaining pieces. Stir the olive oil and lemon juice into the squid, season with salt and pepper and leave to cool. When cold add the prawns.
- Heat the oven to 200˚C, fan oven 180˚C, mark 6. Scatter the chorizo on to a small roasting tin and cook in the oven for 5 minutes. Add the bread to the chorizo and cook for a further 8-10 minutes or until the bread is a light golden colour. Leave to cool.
- Place the salad leaves in a bowl and prepare the avocado: halve it, remove the stone and peel off the skin. Cut into slices and arrange over the salad leaves. Scatter over the squid and prawns and top with the chorizo and bread.