A really quick and easy way to jazz up chicken thighs and drumsticks. You could also spatchcock a whole chicken (take out the backbone and flatten out the bird) and rub over the sauce. Look on You Tube if you are unsure of the technique. It takes about the same time to cook but you can test for doneness by making sure the juices run clear when a skewer is inserted into the thickest part of the legs.
- 3 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons runny honey
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6-8 portions chicken thighs (bone in) and drumsticks
- Heat the oven to 200˚c, fan oven 180˚c, mark 6. Mix together the first five ingredients. Place the chicken in an ovenproof dish and pour over the sauce. Coat all the pieces well and leave to marinate for 30 minutes if possible. If you haven’t got the time no matter.
- Cook in the oven for 50-55 minutes. You could serve the chicken with the black bean, garlic and avocado salad. These sticky joints are also delicious cold.