Serves: 4 - Time:
Once you have made a batch of the strawberry and Aperol sorbet you must try this sundae. The quantities given are a rough guide. You may have bigger sundae glasses in which case add a scoop or two more of the sorbet and ice cream. No-one will judge if you use shop bought meringues and vanilla ice cream…
- 300g hulled strawberries
- 1 heaped tablespoon caster sugar
- Squeeze lemon juice
- 8 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 8 mini meringues (or 4 normal-sized ones)
- 8 scoops strawberry and Aperol sorbet (see Puddings)
- Squirty cream to serve
- Put the strawberries in a large bowl and stir in the sugar and lemon juice. Roughly mash the fruit with the back of a fork-but try and keep some texture to the strawberries.
- Put a spoonful of the mashed fruit into the bottom of each sundae glass. Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Crumble over some meringue and top with a scoop of sorbet. Repeat the layers. Decorate each glass with some squirty cream and serve immediately.