Serves: 2 as a main course
A simple and satisfying dish that you can serve warm or cold. I make the dressing with a ewe’s milk blue cheese such as Roquefort.
- For the blue cheese dressing
- 125ml buttermilk
- 75ml mayonnaise
- 85g blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- For the salad
- 2 sweet potatoes, about 800g total weight, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
- 4 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons cold-pressed rapeseed oil
- 220g tenderstem broccoli
- 30g lightly toasted pecans, roughly chopped
- For the dressing, mix all the dressing ingredients together and season with a little ground black pepper. Chill until ready to serve.
- Heat the oven to 200˚c, fan oven 180˚c, mark 6. Place the cubes of sweet potatoes in a roasting tin with the garlic cloves and drizzle over the oil. Season with salt and ground black pepper. Roast in the oven for about 40 minutes, turning the cubes over after about 20 minutes. Discard the garlic and spoon into a serving dish.
- Bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil. Add the broccoli, bring back to the boil and cook for 2 minutes. Drain and add to the sweet potatoes. If you are serving the salad cold refresh the broccoli in cold water after draining. Sprinkle over the pecans and spoon over the blue cheese dressing.