Serves: Makes about 275ml
The best accompaniment to fried fish and homemade stands head and shoulders above any shop-bought tartare sauces.
- 1 quantity mayonnaise (see mayonnaise recipe)
- 5 mini cornichons, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers in vinegar, drained and finely chopped
- 3 anchovies in oil, drained and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Place the mayonnaise in a bowl and fold in the remaining ingredients. You can mix it all together in a food processor but the tartare sauce will be much smoother.