If you are feel flush you could buy some Lindt white chocolate with vanilla but Milky Bar will suffice if not. Best served warm or cold.
- 50g unsalted butter
- 65g caster sugar
- 110g pudding (short grain) rice
- 1 litre full-fat milk
- 1 vanilla pod, split or 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 150ml double cream
- 100g white chocolate, broken up into small pieces
- 250ml fresh custard (good quality shop-bought)
- Heat the oven to 140˚c, fan oven 120˚c, mark 1. In an ovenproof casserole melt the butter and stir in the sugar. Then stir in the rice and cook over a low heat for 2-3 minutes. Slowly pour in the milk and stir well. Add the split vanilla pod or paste and pour in the cream. Slowly bring to the boil, stirring gently. Cover with a lid and cook in the oven for about 1 hour. Remove from the oven, stir the rice gently and cook for a further 15-20 minutes. Taste the rice-it should be soft but still have a hint of texture. If it is still a little al dente cook for a further 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and stir in the chocolate until melted. Fold in the custard and serve warm or leave to cool completely. If you chill the rice pudding it will firm up so you may want to add a touch more milk before serving.