Waitrose and most Sainsbury stores sell smoked chicken breasts. They are a brilliant, labour-saving ingredient to have on hand and you can rustle up a simple yet delicious salad like this in a matter of minutes.
- 10g tarragon leaves, about 10 large sprigs
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 6 tablespoons cold-pressed rapeseed oil
- 2 small mangoes, peeled
- 2 smoked chicken breasts
- 1 red chicory, leaves separated
- 2 baby gem lettuce, leaves separated
- 50g roasted cashews
- Place the tarragon, mustard, lemon juice, rapeseed oil and a pinch of salt in a bowl and blend with a stick blender until smooth. You can do this in the small bowl of a food processor. Set aside.
- Cut down around the side of the flat mango stones to remove the flesh. Cut into bite-sized pieces and place in a mixing bowl. Slice the smoked chicken breasts and add to the mango. Pour over the dressing and toss together to coat the fruit and meat.
- Place the salad leaves in a serving dish and arrange the dressed ingredients over the leaves. Sprinkle over the cashews and season with a little ground black pepper.